adevyish: Icon of chibi Shizuo emphatically throwing a vending machine at chibi Izaya (tableflip)
[personal profile] adevyish

Seeing that Pinboard is down which is unfortunate but not unexpected. I don’t want to migrate to AO3 bookmarks because the lack of mass-editing along with the rate-limiting makes it an unserious tool. Considering I am on migration four (Yahoo Notes, LJ memories, Delicious, Pinboard), I’m thinking of just spinning up a local db once I can get my data out.

(I was unaware the guy went off the deep end. That was tbh also not unexpected but if I were aware I would have migrated earlier!)

Date: 2026-06-16 10:37 pm (UTC)
momijizukamori: Green icon with white text - 'I do believe in phosphorylation! I do!' with a string of DNA basepairs on the bottom (Default)
From: [personal profile] momijizukamori

I think there may be some self-hostable systems now? I should look into it again.

(also ty for the heads-up, while it is working for me at the moment I meant to export my bookmarks ages ago so this is a good reminder....)

Date: 2026-06-17 02:59 am (UTC)
momijizukamori: Green icon with white text - 'I do believe in phosphorylation! I do!' with a string of DNA basepairs on the bottom (Default)
From: [personal profile] momijizukamori

Haven't settled on one yet, but this seems like a pretty decent list that I'm gonna dig into when I have some time - https://awesome-selfhosted.net/tags/bookmarks-and-link-sharing.html

Date: 2026-07-09 01:22 am (UTC)
momijizukamori: Green icon with white text - 'I do believe in phosphorylation! I do!' with a string of DNA basepairs on the bottom (Default)
From: [personal profile] momijizukamori

Oooh, nice!

Date: 2026-06-17 09:43 pm (UTC)
allekha: Two people with long hair kissing with a heart in the corner (Default)
From: [personal profile] allekha
Good luck finding a new (and hopefully local) host - while I don't use Pinboard, I feel you on the having to keep migrating through various tools for something.

Date: 2026-06-21 07:39 pm (UTC)
superborb: (Default)
From: [personal profile] superborb
Oops, I exported my bookmarks when I first realized it was getting unstable, but haven't been updating it since (though I haven't been using it much). I know people using self hosted bookmarks, but I will really miss the social bookmarks.

Most Popular Tags

September 2026

S M T W T F S
   12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Profile

adevyish: Icon of Kanda holding a book, surrounded by stacks of books (Default)
adevyish

Page Summary

Powered by Dreamwidth Studios